Friday, November 19, 2010



My best thanksgiving ever was last year because I got a chance to spend the time with my whole family. My grandma, 2 of my uncle, 3 of my aunts and their kids came from Chicago to visit us for thanksgiving. With them some more of my family that were already in Detroit just rented a hall. It was a hall on Gratiot on the eastside that was open for renting. After we rented the place everyone that was coming chipped in on the bill. After everyone got there they all brought at least one dish, at least most of them. The reason we all had fun because no one was afraid to be thyself. Everyone was eating, dancing, singing and having a good ole time. After everyone ate we had a dance contest and I had a ball. Me and all of my boy cousins went against the girls and we lost. The reason I think we lost was because we were the guys. Then after we got done the girls got all types of candy and snacks. Then when it was time for the grownups to dance we went into the other rooms and started play fighting with each other. It was really fun and I had a good time, but in the end after a couple hours everyone started getting candy. The dishes we had for thanksgiving was macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, devil eggs, greens, sweet potatoes pie, banana pudding, ham hogs, and of cause the main event turkey. The reason I put this blog is because I love to spend time with my family because I don’t really get a chance like that. I’m either at school, at practice and the only time I really see them is on the weekend. That’s why I wrote this blog about thanksgiving.

1 comment: